The Site Your House Sits On Class
- water in your crawl space or basement
- cracks in your foundation walls
- sidewalks in disrepair
Explore why these occur and how to make repairs. Discuss replacement materials and preventative maintenance.
July 8, 2021
Your Home's Exterior Class
It is time to learn why you have:
- squeaky floors
- roof leaks or chimney leaks
- missing roofing shingles
- window / door problems
Determine why these happen and how to make repairs. Discuss replacement materials and preventative maintenance.
July 22, 2021
To reinforce what you've learned in Your Home's Exterior Class, we suggest you register for the Weather Stripping Workshop.
August 5, 2021 Workshop
Your Home's Interior Class
- doors are hard to close
- there are cracks in ceilings and walls.
- wooden floors are in disrepair
- you stepped through a rotten board on your deck
Let's clarify why these happen and discuss how repairs should be made.
August 19, 2021
To reinforce what you have learned in Your Home's Interior Class, we suggest you register for the Wall Repair Workshop followed by the Exterior/Interior Painting Workshop.
September 2, 2021 Workshop
September 16, 2021 Workshop
Your Home's Insulation Class
You are experiencing:
- walls that are cold to the touch
- drafts throughout your house
- an extremely high heating bill
Learn the fundamentals of a properly insulated home.
September 30, 2021
Your Home's Electrical System Class
You will learn:
- why lights dim when the refrigerator or A/C unit goes on
- the importance of GFCI outlets in areas near water
- where to install smoke/co detectors
As a matter of safety, an understanding of the electrical system in your house is very important.
October 14, 2021
To reinforce what you have learned in Your Home's Electrical System Class, we suggest you register for the electrical workshop.
October 28, 2021 Workshop
Your Home's Plumbing System Class
You are updating the plumbing in your house:
- the kitchen sink is old and out of date
- the curved pipe under the sink is leaking
- the toilet wont stop running
- the bath tub faucet wont stop dripping
This class will tackle all these and more.
November 11, 2021
To reinforce what you have learned in Your Home's Plumbing System Class, we suggest you register for the Kitchen Sink and Faucet Replacement Workshop
December 2, 2021 Workshop
Your Home's Heating System Class
So, this is what is happening:
- the boiler never shuts down and the house is very cold
- some radiators are cold and others are hot
- the shower water get cold before you are done
- there is soot on the top of my chimney
In this class we will provide answers to all these questions and more.
December 16, 2021
Your Home's Air Conditioning System Class
The summer is coming, you want your house to be comfortable:
- replacing the window unit, what information do you need to buy a new one?
- central air conditioning with ductwork installed in the walls, are there any alternatives?
This class discusses the components that make up air conditioning systems, the refrigeration cycle, and how to maintain the systems properly.
December 30, 2021
“Window and Door Weather Stripping”- A Workshop With Brian Schnee From TLC via Zoom
Your Home’s Exterior Class is suggested prior to taking this workshop
Learn the fundamentals of installing weather protection around doors and windows.
August 5, 2021
"Wall Repairs” A Workshop With Brian Schnee From TLC via Zoom
Learn the art of taping and spackling new wall seams, repair cracks and holes in your home's walls and ceilings.
September 2, 2021
“Exterior/Interior Painting” – A Workshop With Brian Schnee From TLC via Zoom
You are repainting your house. Do you know:
- how to prepare the surface
- different types of paint to use and where to use them
- how to patch holes and cracks permanently, so they do not reappear after you paint
September 16, 2021
“Electrical Workshop" – A Workshop With Brian Schnee From TLC via Zoom
It is recommended that you take the Electrical Class prior to this workshop.
Some electrical issues:
- the light switch is not working
- an outlet has to be replaced
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- wire a basic light switch
- wire an outlet
- wire a ceiling light
October 28, 2021
“Kitchen Sink/Faucet Replacement” A Workshop With Brian Schnee From TLC via Zoom
It is recommended that you take Class #6 prior to this workshop
Learn what is required to:
- replace a counter top
- install a new sink, faucets and all corresponding plumbing
December 2, 2021
Call us today at (516) 458-4676 or email email@example.com
If you can't register online and would like to register over the phone, please call us.